Whenever you need the speed and accuracy of OMR along with the productivity and flexibility of Document Imaging, the i NSIGHT™ 30 is the right solution for you. The advanced technology offers genuine versatility at a lower cost of ownership than owning separate hardware. Due to its unique blend of capabilities, the i NSIGHT 30 is well positioned to address demanding applications such as testing, surveys, attendance, grading, student portfolios, personnel records, archival, and general back file conversions.
Data Collection is the process of reading marks from a printed form (e.g. tests, surveys, ballots, etc.) and converting it to ASCII data. The i NSIGHT 30 accurately scans the form for data while our Scantools Plus™ software controls the scanning process and stores the data that is read. The scanner and software work together reading up to 3600 sheet per hour.
The i NSIGHT 30 scanner can read written marks (such as bubbles, check marks, tick marks) and bar codes. It can also scan grayscale images for digital storage and, with the addition of NestorReader software (available separately), it can read machine print and handprint using RealTime Character Recognition.
- Includes Scantools Plus and ScanFlex data collection software, assuring accurate resolution, recognition, data formatting and the flexibility to scan forms you may have printed locally on plain paper
- Integrates sixteen level mark discrimination technology to ensure correct data capture results
- Provides 8-bit, 256 grayscale levels and 200 dpi images
- Allows you to capture, name and archive image clips (TIFF, JPEG)
- Software recognizes bar codes
- Processes machine and hand print data with the optional RealTime Character Recognition utilizing NestorReader software
- Reads both pen and pencil forms
- Maintains software compatibility with existing ScanTools applications
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PENCIL READ AND INK READ AND WHY DOES IT MATTER?
Lots of scanners say they can read both pencil and ink marks, including us. But not all scanners support both pencil and ink forms. Due to the type of light source used to recognize marks, pencil forms can be very colorful, since the read-head will only recognize the pencil marks on those forms—the color of the form doesn’t matter. Pencil forms are often more visually engaging, but you lose the ability to support ink responses. On the other hand, ink forms use what’s known as a drop out color (usually some type of red or orange). That way, the scanner can ignore anything that’s red or orange, letting it read either pencil or ink marks from the form.
Why does this matter? It matters because scanning accuracy depends on the read-head and processing software knowing what is part of the form and what is a mark. Scantron’s guaranteed scannable forms and industry-leading mark recognition software ensure that you get the same reliable results, regardless of which type of form you use.
Document Imaging is the process of scanning paper documents and converting them to digital images. We know that the documents you work with aren’t always the perfect size, shape or quality for scanning. That is what makes the i NSIGHT 30 perfect for your scanning needs.
It can effortlessly handle everything from small card stock to long print-outs and, in a single batch, transport sheets of multiple sizes and thickness. After scanning, with one-click you can select the format of the scanned image, the resolution, the file type, and the destination of the resulting file using the Click&Scan software.
- Includes Click&Scan software which offers one-click functionality to send documents to file, email, printers, fax printers and desktop applications
- Scans documents up to 863 mm (34 in.) long and thicknesses ranging from onionskin to card stock
- Utilizes TWAIN Driver (included)
- Output resolutions from 75 to 1200 dpi
- Scans at speeds up to 75 ppm
- Simultaneous black&white and color/grayscale image output
- Save files in TIFF, JPEG, RTF and PDF formats
- Optional post-scan document imprinter prints audit information directly on the document with no speed degradation
- Supported by Scantron’s extensive services organization to ensure maximum uptime and customer satisfaction
|Scanning Technology||Dual CCD/Grayscale output bit depth is 256 levels (8-bit) Color capture bit depth is 48 bits (16 x 3); color output bit depth is 24 bits (8 x 3).|
|Optical Resolution||600 dpi|
|Multi-feed Detection||With ultrasonic technology|
|Bundled Software||TWAIN Drivers; Click&Scan; ScanTools Plus|
|Electrical Requirements||100-240 V (International); 50/60 Hz; universal power supply included|
|Power Consumption||Sleep Mode < 4 Watts; Running: < 60 Watts|
|Environmental Factors||Energy Star qualified scanner
Operating temperature: 15-35° C (59-95° F)
Operating humidity: 15-76 percent relative humidity
|Acoustical Noise (operator position sound pressure level)||Standby mode: <32 dB(A)
Operating mode: <65 dB(A)
|Physical Description||26″x 24″ x 14″ operational, 13″x 24″X 14″ storage foot print. Weight: 23 lbs (10.4 kg).|
|Supported Operating Systems||Windows XP SP2; Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)|
DATA COLLECTION SPECIFICATIONS
|Throughput||Up to 3600 Sheets per hour|
|Read Heads||200 dots per inch (DPI) resolution, up to 256 levels of grayscale per pixel. Pencil and ink read capabilities|
|Forms||2.5″ x 5.5″ to 9″ x 14″ (60-100 lb. Offset), Uses both Mark Reflex and Trans-Optic forms. Pencil and ink forms may be used.|
|Feeder Capacity||90 sheets, 90 g/m2 (24 lb bond, 60 lb Offset)|
|Spacing’s supported||.166, .166 48 cell, .200 inline, .200 offset, .200 line read, and .300 line read|
|Barcode||Standard – Software read through ScanTools|
|Bundled Software||ScanTools Plus|
DOCUMENT IMAGING SPECIFICATIONS
|Throughput (200 dpi, landscape, letter size, black and white/grayscale/color)||Up to 75 page per minute / 150 images per minute|
|Image output||Black and white, grayscale (8 bit), color (24 bit)|
|Output resolution||75, 100, 150, 200, 240, 300, 400, 600 and 1200 dpi|
|Maximum Document size||297 mm x 863 mm (11.7 in. x 34 in.)|
|Minimum document size||64 mm x 89 mm (2.5 in. x 3.5 in.)|
|Imprinter||Post-scan document imprinter (Ink cartridge carrier and ink cartridge sold separately)|
|Paper Thickness and Weight||34-413 g/m2 (9-110 lb.) paper|
|Feeder Capacity||Up to 150 sheets of 60 g/m2 (16 lb.) paper|
|Bundled Software||TWAIN driver, Click & Scan|
|File Format Outputs||Single and multi-page TIFF, JPEG, RTF, PDF|